Training / Education / Information
The VMHS provides:
- Training/education on mental health issues and health/social care systems for people from Vietnam through:
- Meeting at the drop-in day centres
- Visit at home
- Health talk sessions/seminars in partnership with community organisations
- Booklets/leaflets and Health Newsletter published in Vietnamese and Chinese
- Awareness training for Health/Social Care professionals on Vietnamese culture and beliefs in mental health through:
- Working in partnership;
- Organisation of seminars and conferences with health, social care professionals, other agencies and ethnic groups working in the mental health field.
The VMHS also responds to enquiries seeking advice on practical issues in working with people from Vietnam of different origin - Vietnamese, Chinese or other ethnic groups in Vietnam.